The Live in caregiver program are for foreign individuals who are eligible to provide caregiver work to Canadian families who needed their services. And to qualify for the live in caregiver program there are certain rules that must be followed governing the foreign live in caregiver jobs applicant and the caregiver employers. On the part of the caregiver employers, their chosen live in caregiver must:
- Have a private, furnished room within the caregiver employers home
- Work for the caregiver employer in a private home
- Be employed on a full-time basis
- Live with the employer
- At least six months of caregiver jobs training, or at least one year of full-time experience (including six months with one employer) during the past three years
- Successful completion of the equivalent of Canadian secondary school.
- A job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer.
- A written contract with your future employer.
- A work permit before you enter Canada
- Good knowledge of English or French
For more detailed info regarding Canada’s Live-in Caregiver Program, you can visit their website at www.cic.gc.ca